Monday, March 21, 2011

What spring looks like on this small homestead.

Bringing new kids into the kid pen.
*squee!*

A little girl *so* excited that her very own goat had a baby. His name is Jack. She's named all of the little boys Jack.

Another girl who is taking a much bigger part in goat care this year, as is appropriate for her age.

Watering cans and shovels in hand. Pushing Mother Nature along.

Wild swans passing through. So beautiful.

That's as close as I could get to them. You stop the car and they move away very quickly.

I don't know why I have no pictures of Gray to include. He's there - moving rocks from one place to another in the driveway. Pushing tires around. Chasing the cat with a stick.

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love the spring banner! It definitely looks spring-y there...we're due for 10-20 inches of new snow today and tonight...YIKES!

Sarah said...

10-20 INCHES? Yikes is right!

I posted this yesterday and last night we got an inch of snow. I keep reminding Hannah - and myself - that spring is the *introduction* of summer, not summer itself. Oh, how I wish it were summer. :)

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

Those little goats are so cute! Hope the snow goes away for good!

aukenburg said...

I am really looking forward to Spring. I know it's official but it doesn't quite feel like it yet. Those baby goats are so sweet!