Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On today's list -

starting my pattern organization.

Notice I said *starting*.

Yeah.

I figured I had to do *something* on my to-do list today, so I picked this one.

Today I got 'Dogs', 'Toys', 'Doll Clothes', 'Bags', and 'Home Furnishings' done. I'm out of plastic sheets for right now.

After going through the patterns, I realized a few things.

A) I have a disproportionate number of Simplicity patterns. I don't know whether this is because Simplicity has more patterns I'm interested in than the other big companies or whether it's because they go on the 99 cents per pattern sale more often.

B) I have a depressingly small number of patterns for myself. I'm going to work on that.

C) I have no idea why I have this pattern.

Quilted purses aren't really my thing.

Measurement Chart

5 comments:

debbiedas said...

OMG - laughing SO hard at the quilted purses. What? You mean you don't stroll into town with a quilted purse on your arm?

You wanna make me one. LOL. (Totally kidding, but so funny.) xo

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

Hilarious! Great job on starting the pattern sort!

the Goodwife said...

My mom has a big box full of patterns. I may suggest this pattern storage system to her. She's got TONS of patterns, mostly from the 60's and 70's and I love them. Of course they aren't sized for a lady such as myself......sigh.....

Sarah said...

Debbie and Cindy - isn't that hilarious? WHY would I even spend 99 cents on that pattern? WHY? lol

Goodwife, my sister's working on a write-up of how to organize patterns and I'll do a big link-up to it when she's done. I'm using her system and it's brilliant.

Mama Whimsy said...

A few years ago our local Handcock Fabrics went out of business, and I stocked up on the discounted patterns. I recently went through them and found some surprising ones as well. What was I thinking??