Monday, August 30, 2010

Remember those flowers I pressed?

Here's a sampling of the finished product.

On this page are sweet peas (still so very fragrant), bachelor buttons, wild flowers, love-in-a-mist (that's the one in the upper right hand corner), blanket flower, calendula, and zinnias.

On this page are snapdragons and love-in-a-mist.

Those love-in-a mist are divine fresh and just as pretty dried. Not much smell that I noticed, but beautiful.

I wanted to show you how I store these - my little sister taught me this.

I put them in a little photo book. Ingenious, non?

She's brilliant.

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

Very pretty - those black pages really show them off...

Rebekah Smith said...

they came out beautifully!:-)

thanks for letting us see!:-)

rebekah:-)

Maria said...

aww - thanks!

And I love how they turned out!

Conny said...

I don't know why I didn't comment sooner - I thought I had. The pressed flowers turned out very nicely. I like that you keep them in a photograph book for easy viewing. All the purple flowers I have pressed over the years lose their color and become opaque. Have you experienced the same?

Thanks for posting this.

Sarah said...

Conny, I dried flowers of all shades of purple and they all dried purple. I press them between two sheets of paper with heavy weights. I wonder what the difference is ...

Lindsay said...

That's a great place to store them! I used to love pressing flowers as a kid, but invariably they would end up crushed and useless within a short time after they were done. I did make some cards with them, but always wished I had a way to keep them for me too. I'm going to remember this. :)