Monday, August 3, 2009

Chickens and Potato Beetles.

Do chickens not enjoy eating potato beetle larvae?

Because mine are being kind of picky.

When I throw in crickets or worms or earwigs, they go crazy fighting over the bugs, but when I throw in larvae they look .... confused. Even a bit disdainful. A few of them stick around and half-heartedly peck at them for awhile, but they don't seem that into them.



Do I have spoiled chickens or do these larvae just not move around enough to entice the chickens?

3 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Ha, ha.. That's really funny! Your chickens are really choosy!! You spoiled them!

Christy said...

Mine don't like a lot of bugs I throw to them. Chickens are silly.

Erica said...

My hens have gotten kind of spoiled too! Some bugs are great, others they won't give the time of day too.