Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weeding the garden.

This is the garden this morning.

There are tomatoes in there somewhere.

This is the garden tonight.

You can see the pepper plants off to the left. Tomatoes and peppers. That's about what we have.

There's also one pumpkin hill, some corn and beans, and some sunflowers - none of which I expect to mature in time. What with the move in the middle of the planting season, it's been one of those years. My mantra this spring and summer has been "You do what you can. And then you breathe and go play with your kids."

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

My medicine garden looked about like that.
:) Now it looks bare.

Christy said...

You did a lot of work! I hate weeding. I've given up. I keep a little space around each plant free of weeds and that is it. Next year, I'm planting everything closer together.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Nice work. Weeding sucks. If I stand still in my garden too long, the weeds start to grow over my feet. It really stresses me out. I love your mantra. I need to employ this technique. May I borrow your kids to play with, please? :-)

Tuan's Princess said...

Wow! tons of weeding work! Looks great! I'm pretty depressed about my peppers. I think I'm going to have 7 out of 30 that I planted. And I don't even know if they will grow any peppers. :(

Eh - every year you learn eh?