Thursday, July 23, 2009

Look who's beating the odds.

I couldn't believe it when I saw him hopping around in the same place we saw him at the beginning of the week. Birds mature so fast - he's already a teenager.

I can't believe that with five barn cats around, this little bird's managing to keep safe. He hopped up on a little branch to talk to Hannah, but hopped down and held really still in the grass when he noticed me, so he's not drawing attention to himself.

I have to admit, this made my day.

4 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Yay - and what are the chances!! Those pictures are great!
You know what I noticed...in your header photo? Is it just me, or is Hannah's face changing? That profile shot makes her look like such a young lady (to use a really archaic term). I mean, her face is losing some of it's little-girl cubbiness and becoming more slender... sniff...she's growing up. Make it stop, Sarah!!!

James & Jessi McCalvy said...

All grown up w/marker or pen drawn around her cute face!

Heart Rockin Mama said...

I love, love, love the photos.
What an awesome thing to be able to observe.

Christy said...

That's wonderful!