Sunday, June 28, 2009

Putting one foot in front of the other.

I don't know why this blog gets so much less attention than my other blog. I have so much stuff going on that my day is overflowing, yet none of it makes it on here.

I have

-had baby goats born
-planted what I could in a food garden
-helped the girls plant flowers in their flower garden
-cared for chickens who are laying lots of delicious eggs for us
-started milking Physion (the goat in my current header with her then-newborn babes) and trained two first fresheners to be milked - we are drowning in goat milk
-began my goats on a rotating pasture system which is still a (frustrating) work in progress. Would be easier if goats respected electric fencing, but they don't, so panels must be used.
-taken girls on many horse and pony rides
-tried to clean up the infernal mess that the previous tenants left. The pastures, the yard, the feedlot, even the roping arena, all left a mess by a tenant who figured he didn't own it, so why care for it?

So, busy, so much going on. But I love this busy season after a long, long winter.

3 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Wow - you have a lot going on. All that and three busy kids...you must fall into bed at night. lol Sweet header photo...

Christy said...

What cute babies. I do understand being busy! I'm glad things are going well.

Cindy said...

Makes me tired just reading it. But it must feel good to get so many solid accomplishments done.