Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Is Global Cooling on the way?

Check out this interesting article written by Healing Green.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I've found myself going back and forth on the 'Humans are Causing Global Warming' issue for the past few years. On one hand, there is no denying (though I've heard people try) that humans have been pumping really nasty stuff into the atmosphere and adversely affecting the earth at an alarming rate for the past fifty years. On the other hand, there is no denying (though I've heard people try) that the earth goes through hot and cold cycles and that we could just be going through another warm cycle now but are right on the cusp of another cold cycle.

I'm disgusted with how we (general we) are treating our home, and I have no doubt that we're doing serious harm to the earth and to our future here, but I think it shows how out of touch with the earth itself we are that we discount natural cycles and egotistically blame it all on ourselves. Seeing an article like this one on a 'green' blog felt like a breath of fresh air - no extreme panic-stricken (usually from the 'green' side) or disdainful (usually from the 'anti-green' side) views.

In any case, it's an interesting read.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I could have written this post! That's exactly how I feel about global warming. I know humans in general are treating the earth very poorly, but I don't think there's much we can do to change the earth's natural cycles either. I haven't read that article yet, but it looks interesting and definitely one I'm going to make time to have a look at today.

Toronto Real Estate said...

Nice article, thanks for the post. I agree also. We are maybe not responsible for the climate change since it's just another nature cycle in climate but we are 100% responsible for all the pollution in the world. And something still should be done about that. To me, Global warming is getting a little too much attention. But pollution and the fact that if we don't stop dumping toxic waste into the oceans we will soon poison the whole world doesn't really bother anyone. Oh well, let's spend millions of dollars on useless anti-warming projects when soon the earth will deal with it by itself.

Take care, Elli