Monday, December 15, 2008

Hello? *tap tap*

Didn't mean to duck out on you like that... due to my husband's suddenly changing work schedule, I've been single parenting it for the last two weeks and will be for the foreseeable future. Add to that caring for 20 sheep, 9 goats, a pony and 21 chickens in the snatches of pre-children-awake/naptime/after-children-are-asleep time, and I've had to let this blog drop and go to nearly all scheduled posts on my other blog. There's no way I can take my youngest two out in this biting, freezing wind. My dad tried to tell me I could early last spring. I think he even called me a wimp. Told me it would be good for my kids and went out himself to work in it. He called it a 'bracing' wind. That bracing wind sent him scuttling back in twenty minutes later saying that I should never take my kids out when the temperatures were that low and the wind that strong.

If it makes you feel any better, I let the laundry go before I let this blog go.

I feel more like my feet are back under me now, so you may see me around a bit more regularly.

In the meantime, enjoy these videos of my little cowgirl. Was she ever that little? That was only two years ago. I'm going to be a sobbing mess looking back at these when she's 18.



3 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

You are SUPER MOM! Wow - you've got a lot on your plate right now. Loved the story of your dad and the "bracing" wind. :-)
Those videos are wonderful, but I kinda wanted to throttle that eejit announcer when he said that Hannah was going to "make a fine secretary some day". What is this, 1930??!

Sarah said...

OMG, that eejit just *bugged* me! We live in little ol' rural Idaho where, yes, it's still 1930. Mormon 1930.

If she'd been a male, imagine how many options she would have had since she's so 'thorough'. Poor thing, though, born without a penis. Stuck being a secretary.

Christy said...

Adorable!