Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I hear kittens!"



*sigh* Yeah, I hear them too. Poor things. I was able to keep the girls distracted enough for a few weeks that they didn't notice that A) Desiree was no longer "fat" and B) I was always moving their play away from the lilac bush.

Unfortunately, Desiree is gone. Disappeared. Probably kaput. No more. Owl dinner. And her kittens, still just three week old babes at the time, were very hungry and yowling up a storm. I left them as long as I felt comfortable, hoping that Desiree would come back, but she didn't and as the kittens got louder, the girls noticed them.

So, in they come, putting my marriage on the rocks. My husband has a "thing" about house cats. Even if they're starving orphans.

Want to meet them?

This is Marie. She's a loner who likes quiet laps to cuddle on.


This is Toulouse. He's a tiger who likes trying to beat up his sisters, but I think he's going to be a big softy who likes to sit in a window seat and look down on humans and dogs alike.

This is Beep Boop Beep-beep Boop Beep Boop Bee. But you can just call her Beep. I got clearance to give her that nickname as long as I remember her full name. She likes pulling Marie around by the tail and romantic walks on the beach.


Their grandma is a wonderful mouser - think I'll be able to make barn cats out of them?

6 comments:

Robin said...

Oh my gosh Sarah! They're sooooooo cute! I love kittens!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

My first morning laugh and it's thanks to you. Of course, my favorite is Beep Boop Beep-beep Boop Beep Boop Bee. And I don't think you should shorten it. Ever.
Hope the marriage-thing works out. If not, at least you've got some really cute kittens. :-)

(And don't think I didn't see the part about the kitty lounging in a window seat...you have PLANS for a house cat. But I won't tell...)

Sarah said...

I know, Robin - they're darling, aren't they? Marie's my favorite, but she's like her mother - very aloof. I think she has the best chance of being a good mouser.

Danni - I'm glad I made you laugh - Beep Boop Beep-beep Boop Beep Boop Bee is a mouthful, in't it? lol

Did you notice that sly move towards having a house cat? lol My husband did some service work years ago, helping a woman clean her house to become a foster mom. He said she had over 30 cats in the house and the whole place was covered in cat poo and reeked of cat piss. He's had little tolerance for cats since then. Don't tell him that I caught him scratching Toulouse's head, mkay? I wouldn't want that to get around.

Jodi said...

Awww how adorable!! Our cat, Teddy, was about 2-3 weeks old when we found him. But he wouldn't drink from a bottle, I had to use an eye dropper. Now he is 5 years old and about 20 lbs. LOL (Oh and I found your blog from Rae of Sunshine's blog.)

Taylor said...

SQUEEE! Oh my those are so adorable! I just want to nibble on them!

And Toulouse is a WONDERFUL name for a cat!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

We're having a bad cat year here too - we find some, and then they disappear.

We have no orange kitties, yours are beautiful. One of our dogs had a name like Beep, it was very long, and it took us years to remember it correctly, as soon as we did our daughter couldn't remember it. But, we still called the the dog Boop.

I think Beep is my favorite!