Thursday, June 5, 2008

Since my last post...

-I got my first batch of chicks. Half of them died. (Humidity in incubator error at the hatchery.)
-Got my second batch of chicks. All of them lived.
-Planted a lot.
-Hilled over my potatoes.
-Built a bean teepee and planted around it.
-Lots of weeding.
-Started putting my goats out to graze along the ditch to make use of free feed.
-Made my first three batches of cheese (my fourth gets hung up today).
-Got two piglets for the girls to help raise.
-Had two different visits from family.
-Lots of unschooling fun that I'll be updating on my unschooling blog.
-Got my herb garden in thanks to a cool cousin who built it for me.
-Lots of weeding.

I'll get pictures up when, and if, I have the time.

3 comments:

Nita said...

Wow, no wonder you haven't been posting - can't wait to see the pics. That's too bad about the chicks, I'm glad the second batch is doing OK. Can't wait to see the cheese, hope you took pictures of that.

Christy said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Do you tie the goats out? What type of cheese did you make? I've been wanting to make cheese other than mozzarella.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

And now you get to cross out "make bean tee-pee" on your to-do list. Don't you just *love* doing that?
I'm so sorry to read about your first batch of chicks - that's really hard. Glad batch #2 is thriving. Pics coming soon?