Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith.

This is the real meaning of faith. Believing that those little seeds that you planted *will* come up, that they really are doing something under the ground that you can't see and that you really will get food later.

My faith is faltering - my "soil" is really just clay. I'm holding my breath, waiting for something, *any*thing to break through that dirt and prove me wrong.

I really should stop perusing Californian, Eastern and Southern gardening blogs. They're way ahead of us here in the North.

1 comment:

Twinville said...

I hear ya that. I'm lacking in patience and want to see green things sprouting just days after planting.
But up here in the mountains our growing season can't start until June. We just got snow and sleet a couple weeks ago.
It is just awful seeing all those other warm season blogs posting gardens full of harvestable food right now.
Happy for them, but not for me. wah.