Friday, May 2, 2008

I want this horse.

I can't have this horse, but I want this horse.

If I had the money, I'd invest it in this horse to start back up jumping in a few years.

I don't want to use up her bandwidth, so you'll have to follow the link.

I've been poring over this site since I found it a few hours ago. It's a beautiful ranch with a beautiful philosophy that raises some of the animals I want to raise. You know, when I have enough money to raise "wants". Red Wattle Hogs, Akhal-Teke horses, Komondor guard dogs. Actually, a guard dog might be on the near horizon...

She doesn't live that far away. Maybe I can talk my husband into a trip to the B&B. I would love to visit. That's stunning country and he could take the kids fishing.

She also does a CSA for meat. I'm trying to talk my husband into doing that with his sheep and I'm planning on doing it with my turkeys, maybe branching out into chickens and hogs. Matt's stuck in the market mindset - have to sell them to a broker or at the auction as a group. I'm slowly making headway with the 'individual sales' tack though. Websites like this make our dream of having our family all at home seem more doable.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That is a beautiful horse! I really like her sheep too.