Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Current seed list.

I went through my seeds leftover from last year and was alternately appalled and amused at what I'd bought last year and how many I still had (I did *not* do a stellar job of planting last year).

I will obviously be planting more greens than I planned on. Also some string beans, turnips, radishes, various peppers, and cucumbers that I wasn't planning on planting at all.

The soup beans I'm especially proud of - they're seeds saved from my bean plants last year.

I won't need to buy any herbs or flowers (Hannah's entranced with several I already have), and Matt is pleased with how little I will be spending on seeds this year.

For my own records, here's the list.

BEANS:
Soup:
-Black Kabouli Garbanzo
-Yin Yang
-Tiger's Eye
-Jacob's Cattle
-Hutterite Soup
Other:
-Edamame Soybean
-Bountiful Stringless Snap Bush Bean
-Royal Burgundy Bush Bean
-Beurre de Roquencourt Wax Bush Bean

GREENS:
Lettuces:
-Sandrina
-Forellenschluss
-Thai Green
-Bronze Arrow
-Capitaine
-Arugula
-Rouge D'Hiver
-Carmona Red
-Barcarole
-Bronze Mignonette
-Merlot
-Red Riding Hood
-Simpson Black-Seeded
Spinaches:
-Bloomsdale
-Ruby Orach Mountain Spinach
Chards:
-Rhubarb
-Golden
Other:
-Beetberry
-Red Russian Kale

ROOTS:
Carrots:
-Red Core Chantenay
-Dragon
-Purple Haze
Radishes:
-Daikon
-French Breakfast
-Black Spanish
Beets:
-Chioggia
-Yellow Intermediate Mangel
-Shiraz Tall Top
Other:
-Purple Top White Globe Turnip
-Scotland Leek

PEPPERS:
Sweet:
-Red Bell Miniature
-Sweet Banana
-Purple Beauty
-Cal Wonder Bell (green)
-Sunrise Orange
Hot:
-Jalapeno
-Bolivian Rainbow
-Habanero Chile
-Ring-o-Fire Cayenne
-Relleno

SQUASHES/MELONS:
Squashes:
-Spaghetti
-Butternut
-Bule Gourds
-Red Kuri
Watermelons:
-Moon and Stars
-Early Moonbeam
-Crimson Sweet

CUCUMBERS:
-Mideast Prolific
-Satsuki Madori
-Lemon

MISCELLANEOUS:
-Black Beauty Zucchini
-Red Drumhead Cabbage
-Nutribud Broccoli
-January King Cabbage
-Cheddar Cauliflower
-Rosa Bianca Eggplant
-Star of David Okra
-Huckleberry
-True Gold Sweet Corn

HERBS:
-Parsley (2 varieties)
-Stevia
-Thyme
-Basil
-Chamomile
-Chives
-Coriander
-Cilantro
-Epazote
-Oregano
-Sage
-Rosemary

FLOWERS: - don't ask.
-Nasturtium
-Zinnia
-Sweet Pea
-Lupine
-Larkspur
-Picotee Cosmos
-Blanket Flower
-Marigold
-Purple Coneflower
-Purple Coneflower Echinacea
-Strawflower
-Nematocidal Marigold
Daisies:
-Zulu Prince
-South African Pearl
-Shasta
Sunflowers:
-Evening Sun
-Russian Mammoth
-Terracotta
-Velvet Queen
-Supermane
-Endurance
-Gloriosa Polyheaded

No comments: